AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C.,
AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future.
The Sr. Business Application Developer requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary. The job centers
around developing new ideas, systems and technology, and also analyzing and improving on old ones. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical development activities related to Data integration, Data Warehousing, Regulatory Reporting and other data and reporting systems, coordination for Data Warehouse design, operational execution, RASP and operational support 24x7x365.
- Must also coordinate resources, requirements and deployment activities with BA’s, PM’s, peers and DBA’s.
- Lead Role for Financial systems. Oracle Hyperion, Essbase Online Analytical Processing, Data Warehousing ecosystems including FDW, FCA reporting, Loans2, Hyperion, Cognos, SSRS, OFAC and other related systems, databases, interfaces and reports.
- Supporting Lead Role for Non-Financial systems, reporting and Data Warehousing ecosystems including EDW, EDW Report Mart, ODS, Meta-Data, Reporting Services and supporting EDW databases and interfaces.
- Extensive business knowledge and ability to craft and interpret requirements, data mappings and logical and physical data modeling to ensure requirements are properly designed in ETL, tested and supporting code properly aligned and follows best practices.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and promotes team collaboration. Exhibit self positively and openly asks for and is accepting of feedback. Mentors other ETL developers and performs nightly cycle support for stated activities.
- BS or BA in business, computer science or related field.
- 12 years or more IT experience and excellent skills in IT problem solving. Ten years of Data Warehousing experience. Combination of Ten years of Data Integration, Analytics and Testing experience including some advanced automation testing and tools usage.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Stored Procedures, Microsoft SQL Server Report Services (SSRS), Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle Essbase, Oracle Hyperion, C#, .Net, scripting and batch scheduling such as UC4.
- Domain experience in data integration and highly skilled in requirements gathering and interpreting.
- Proficient in data warehousing, data modeling, dimensional data designs, cubes, stars, OLTP, and OLAP principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong coordination skills, highly meticulous and high goal oriented.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.