AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C.,
AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future.
The Sr. Business Application Developer requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary. The job centers
around developing new ideas, systems and technology, and also analyzing and improving on old ones. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance to team members to facilitate collaboration and problem solving.
- Facilitate or actively participate in analyzing functional requirements, identify inaccuracies and inconsistencies.
- Work independently or as a team with Business Analyst to develop and clarify requirements.
- Properly evaluated use cases for microservice based solutions, and other architectural patterns that provided de-coupled, modularity within monolithic applications/services
- Understand and adhere to Agile principals (particularly Scrum)
- Design and develop user interfaces with modern MV* design pattern frameworks such as Angular, React, Knockout, Backbone, with a strong focus on ‘web component’ design to support re-use.
- Develop analysis diagrams such as use cases, flow diagrams etc. to document and communicate analysis results or issues to the project team.
- Understand and use AgFirst design standards and guidelines for designing applications and software modules.
- Implement Micro service-based solutions. Create RESTful Web services and process data.
- Create and build user interfaces for web and mobile business applications.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being stored and processed.
- Evaluate interrelationships between application components and ensure no unintended changes are introduced in to the system.
- Participate and/or serve as a resource to technical solutions committees.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable degree.
- 4+ years of experience in Application development.
- 4+ years of experience in C# and other Object-Oriented languages
- Experience with JIRA, GitHub, Docker is preferable
- Experience in integrating with Enterprise Service Bus. Experience with Domain Driven Design.
- Understanding of DevOps enabled continuous integration environments.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.