AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C.,
AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future. AgFirst is seeking a
Loan Servicing Assistant.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time.This position
is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Loan Servicing Specialist supports servicing of mortgage loans.
- Work may entail working with sub-servicers on default and/or non-defaulted loans.
- Processing routine transactions, documenting loan history, responding to customer, investor, or other 3rd party inquiries, researching and/or preparing documentation, or analyzing requests in accordance with established guidelines and determining appropriate
course of action.
- Answers all inbound complex pre-default mortgage specific calls routed to AgFirst, by appropriately resolving / answering questions or escalating to the appropriate representative or team for resolution.
- Manage the inquiry process from borrowers and participating Associations for loans serviced by the sub-servicer.
- Maintain a working understanding of, and comply with applicable mortgage regulations and policies.
- Assist the operations area with imaging documents, as well as splitting and merging those files in the system.
- Assist in the maintenance and tracking of numerous reports/invoices such as FNMA Compensatory Fees, Audit Request, FNMA Incentives, FNMA checks sent/received, Delinquency Report, Monthly Payoff Report, and monthly invoice from sub-servicer including sub-servicer
- High school diploma.
- 1-2 years of mortgage experience required. 2-3 years of relevant customer service experience.
- Excellent follow-up, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including Microsoft Office, database management and other business applications.
- Flexibility to handle constantly changing multiple priorities and work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.