AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable,
inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future.
The focus of the Purchasing Agent
is to produce high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete
one task at a time. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for providing day-to-day purchasing support and delivering the highest quality products, services and support on behalf of the bank and associations as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with business owners to provide guidance around Procurement policies and procedures which includes onboarding new vendors, issuing purchase orders and researching specialty products and/or services
- Ensure cost of items represents open market and/or GSA pricing and that competitive bidding has been obtained in accordance with policy
- Prepare purchase orders and place orders with fair and reputable vendors
- Process paperwork and forms, verify receipt of goods, and resolve discrepancies and problems regarding price, timely delivery, and/or condition
- Assist with writing bid requests in accordance with policies
- Track and manage all contract renewals to alert business owners of contract terms and upcoming expirations.
- Review and process department invoices
- Maintain all administrative files, records, and schedules related to all activities
- 5 or more years of comparable experience in Purchasing
- Ability to express thoughts clearly, perform mathematical calculations, keep complete records and deal effectively with people
- Experience using a PC with standard office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Analytical skills in order to gather and interpret data and to make sound judgements
- Ability to set priorities, organize work, and to work independently
- Buy effectively considering price, service, quality, and delivery
- Be familiar with the terminology used in the ordering of supplies and equipment commonly used by the various departments
- Ability to work well as a member of a team, as well as under minimal supervision, in a fast paced environment
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- PeopleSoft experience
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.