AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable,
inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future.
The ICFR Senior Associate will manage specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed
on time. The Associate will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined.
This position is responsible for assisting in coordination the Bank’s and District’s efforts to comply with the Farm Credit System directives as they pertain to an Integrated Audit Opinion, which includes an opinion on Internal Control over Financial Reporting
(ICFR) and is similar to Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships between all Bank and affiliate personnel affected by ICFR requirements
- Assist in the development and execution of the annual plan for ICFR System/Bank compliance
- Work with Bank control owners and Associations in the development, maintenance, and review of their ICFR documentation
- Review ICFR test plans and assist in coordinating primary controls testing with independent testers
- Aid in the continuous process improvement of the ICFR methodologies, templates, instructions, and documentation
- Facilitate with the preparation and distribution of the quarterly ICFR Management Certifications to meet System attestation deadlines
- Update and maintain ICFR online collaboration sites, resources and applications to ensure contents are accurate, current, and complete, and that authorized individuals have appropriate access
- Keep up significant account scoping spreadsheet and other related analytical spreadsheets required by the Farm Credit System
- Contribute with the preparation and distribution of the periodic COSO analysis
- Stay current on national standards and Farm Credit System standards for ICFR compliance
- Evaluate operational/financial/IT audits as they pertain to key ICFR related internal controls
- Recommend process/controls improvements and assess impact and implications of business changes to the internal control environment
- Help develop remediation plans and assist with the implementation, testing, and assessment of remediation activities related to deficiencies and weaknesses discovered
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field
- Minimum of 2 years of comparable work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to effectively communicate in large or small group settings
- Attention to detail
- Exposure to audit theory and practice
- Skillful at gathering and analyzing information
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of desktop tool technology
- Positive attitude, ethics, and values, which support the Bank’s healthy, high-performance culture
- Flexible, adaptable to change, and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work and prioritize multiple competing priorities and requests to meet deadlines
- Professional certification (i.e. CIA, CPA, CMA, CFE, CFSA, etc.) or advanced degree
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.